Activities & sports for children in Sainte Foy & the Tarentaise area
Minibus with Driver
Our in-resort driver team are on hand to transport you to your chosen activity. Just make arrangements with our Concierge office when in resort
In Resort Concierge:
tel: +33 (0)4 79 06 30 55
Our Concierge Team can help you find a babysitter or nanny should you need one. Just contact them by phone or email.
Cycle path to Plan d'Eau
Children love the 'car free' cycle path to Plan d'Eau.
There's so much for families and children to do locally around Sainte Foy, from immediately accessible sports like walking, biking & pony trekking, to club activities for groups - which parents can either participate in or drop the kids off and go and do something else for a morning or afternoon.
- Summer Ski Camps See our page on summer ski camps for Children and Adults
- Pony Trekking During the summer months we have our own equestrian centre from which riding through the local woods is a daily activity. This is a very popular activity for children from 5 years upwards. Available from the beginning of July, it is a wonderful activity for children of all ages.
- Biking The wooded areas around Sainte Foy are havens for kids to mountain bike in, with wooded trails suitable for various levels of ability. You can hire bikes in resort through our Concierge office.
Plan d'Eau A favourite with families is to head down to Bourg St Maurice by car (20mins drive) or book a transfer with our Concierge office, and then cycle the 8km from there to the Plan d'Eau along the 'no cars' cycle route that runs alongside the river. The Plan d'Eau is a man made natural lake with a café, sandpit, swimming lake with island in the middle, and is surrounded by barbeque areas and a children's play park. There are also several cafés along the route for snacks or lunch. Don't forget swim suits & towels!
- White Water Rafting, Canoeing, Hydrospeed & Canyoning For families with older children, Bourg St Maurice and the Isère river offers all sorts of water based fun. There is a white water rafting centre, complete with learning area, prepared courses and more. You can join a white water raft for a fast and exhilarating ride down to Aime, or get in the water with a small personal float and hydrospeed down the white water.
- Walking Family routes that are cross country and not so steep to the more challenging uphill paths are available depending on the age of your children.
Walk to Monal A favourite route is to either drive, or use our transfer service (book via our Concierge office) to the parking at La Raie which is under 3 km. Then take a 2km walk to the stunningly beautiful hamlet of Monal (award winning for it's beauty). Children can go and see how local cheese is made, dip their feet in the babbling brook and enjoy a family picnic overlooking the magnificent Mont Pourri mountain on the other side of the valley.
- Day trip to Tignes A little further afield is a day trip to Tignes. Self drive or request a transfer via our Concierge office, it is only 20 minutes away and offers a bustling mecca of skateboarding, climbing areas, water activities and more. Take a picnic, or stop at one of the lakeside cafe's or restaurants.
- Swimming There are lots of pools in the area to choose from including Bourg St Maurice with an Olympic sized outdoor pool as well as a smaller indoor pool and a children's pool. Additionally both Val d'Isere and Tignes have pool complexes that have slides and whirlpools. There is also a natural pool 'Plan d'Eau' near Aime (as mentioned above) that is beside the river and cycle path.
- 'Parcours aventure' High Ropes Zip Wire Tree climbing with a difference. Obstacles, rope bridges, abseiling amongst the tree tops. The kids love this activity and parents can join in too.